Members of the academy will undertake a training curriculum to improve them physically, technically and tactically.
It is important to stress that not every member is going to become a professional footballer at the end of the two year programme, however advice and support will be given to ensure that every footballer can reach their potential inside and outside the game.
Members of the academy will use Long Eaton United’s facilities and will get the opportunity to progress into the first team squad, which is currently managed by former Leeds and Sheffield United midfielder Gary Hamson.
Significant time and financial investment has been made at Grange Park, Long Eaton United’s home ground, with over £600,000 being expended since 2013. This investment has included:
- The resurfacing of our two 3G astro courts
- The installation of a new, fully drained, full-sized grass playing field
- Significant main stadium improvements including new pitch surrounds, walkways, hospitality areas, improved changing facilities and player tunnel
- A total refurbishment of the clubhouse
- A new car park
- New maintenance equipment
The club is currently in the process of reclaiming land to create another new mini-soccer/training area and is also working with the FA on further exciting plans to further enhance our playing and training facilities.
Using these facilities players will undertake daily training sessions, receive tailored fitness guidance and nutritional advice and feedback on their development.
The leagues that the academy will compete in will be the following:
- The Football Conference Youth Alliance
- The Midlands Central Conference
- AoC East Midlands College League
Long Eaton United is committed to ensuring that every academy member has the opportunity to reach their full potential without taking the enjoyment out of the game too.
To register your interest please email email@example.com with your name, age and your trial date preference.